Call For Art Entries for 2019 Annual Member Show
August 12, 2019 @ 8:00 am - August 23, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Call for entries Molokai Arts Center (MAC) 2019 Annual Members’ Show
A call to all current MAC members working in all mediums and styles to submit entries for consideration in the annual MAC members’ show. Entry is open to all current MAC members (please be sure that your membership fees are up to date).
Juror: Jamie Allen
Awards: Cash awards will be given for these categories: College Student Award, Board of Director’s Award, Best in Show, Kupuna Award, and People’s Choice Award. Gift certificates will be awarded to the Keiki division.
● All work selected by the juror will be exhibited at the Molokai Public library. The opening reception along with juried works will be held at the Molokai Community Health Center.
● The exhibition will be promoted to local newspaper, the MAC website and all pertaining social media platforms used by MAC.
● August 12 – 23, 2019 Submission received by paid staff only at the Molokai Arts Center
Monday or Saturday 10am-noon
Or by appointment
● August 23, 2019 5:00pm ENTRY DEADLINE Each artwork must have an entry application (which you can download and print it from here) and each artist must sign a release of liability form. No late entries will be accepted.
● August 24/25, 2019 Entries juried by Jamie Allen; We will contact you for pick up if your artwork is not juried in.
● SEPTEMBER 25, 2019 Wednesday 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. OPENING RECEPTION at the Molokai Community Health Center. Installation of art work will be done by MAC Staff.
● September 25 – October 9 EXHIBITION at Molokai Public Library. MAC Staff will transfer art work and install at the library.
● October 9 Art work will be available for pick up at the the Library from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. ONLY. Any work not picked up at the Library will be taken to the MAC where artists can pick up after October 10 during MAC hours of operation listed on the online calendar.
Submitting Entries for Jurying: A maximum of three (3) works created during 2017-2019 may be submitted by each artist. All exhibiting artists will need to sign the Release of Liability form provided by the Molokai Arts Center or you can download here and print it.
Use Rights: By submission for jurying; artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition grant Molokai Arts Center the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from the curators. Artist’s recognition is provided with use.
Acceptance of Terms: By submission for jurying, artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition accept all terms and conditions set forth in this “Call for Entry” by the Molokai Arts Center.