The MAC continues to abide by current Maui county and Hawaii state guidelines. While most mandates have been lifted, the MAC desires a safe space for our staff, artists, affiliates, guests and members to create.
- First and foremost, PLEASE stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Staff, instructors and hosts will continue to follow a “vaccinate or test” protocol.
- Each instructor or host will continue to sanitize before and after classes. We ask that all who enter the studio sanitize hands and do a temperature check.
- Masks are not required, but highly encouraged. Masks are required during DOE co-sponsored classes.
- We ask for ALOHA and HA’AHA’A when deciding how to create with others who share the same space.
Please continue to sign up for all classes. Call (808) 567-9696 and leave a message. We will now accept walk-ins, however, our studio capacity is still TEN and we may turn walk-ins away. Signing up will be to your advantage. You can also call that number up to five minutes before class starts. Let’s continue to enjoy our space safely.
YOUTH ART CLASS – April Maddela and MAC staff
Saturdays- Session 1 @ 9:45am to 10:45 am, Session 2 @ 11:00am to Noon at the MAC Studio
Held on Saturdays using primarily clay (slab and pinch pot methods) although other media will be used. Classes are one hour sessions and students are asked to sign up in advance. New students are welcome. Taught by MAC staff. Call the Arts Center at 567-9696 for the current class schedule or check the calendar.
Strings Class (Molokai Instrument Program)- Bob Underwood
The strings classes typically run Tues/Thurs during the academic school year (ending in May).
Beginners classes are usually at 3 pm, intermediate 3:30, advanced at 4. The intermediate and advanced classes may be combined depending on the level of the groups. Classes will be held in I-101 at Kaunakakai school.
There will be combined concerts with a vocal group during the holidays and a spring concert at the end of the school year in May.
Adults and children 3rd grade and up are welcome to this musical class free of charge. Emphasis is on music performance with a concert as a grand finale. Instruments are provided as loan includes clarinets, flutes, saxophones, trumpets, and trombones.